My husband loves mushrooms on steaks, omelets, pizza and in a good pot of soup. The unfortunate thing is that mushrooms never seem to last long enough for me in the fridge before it starts looking yucky. The last time I bought mushrooms on sale, I decided to stock up on them and try my hand at drying them for later use.
Drying mushrooms in my little second-hand dehydrator was easy.
1. I rinsed of the mushrooms and patted them dry.
2. I sliced them about a ¼ inch thick.
3. I placed them on the trays of the dehydrator.
4. After 6 hours, I checked them for dryness. They were dry, but not brittle.
5. I let them cool down for about 20 minutes.
6. I then stored them in a glass canning jar with a lid.
Now, they are ready for use whenever I need them.